How to set up the IAB Consent Framework
In order to use the IAB Consent Framework and send the consent string to your vendors, you must use a consent pop-up that has been approved by IAB based on certain criteria.
The IAB has strict design requirements for how the UI of the consent pop-up should be before it complies with the framework. To make sure our clients follow these requirements, Cookie Information has created a consent pop-up design which has been approved by the IAB
You can see the template here:
How to set up IAB
First, you must choose the template for IAB TCF:
See how to do change the consent pop-up template below
1) Navigate to the specific consent solution where you wish to apply the new consent pop-up template.
2) Choose the tab "Pop-up" and click "Change template"
3) In the dropdown choose the template called: IAB click "Update". The template will then be copied into the current Consent Solution and the domain(s) connected to.
This will have no effect on other Consent Solution within your account as their designs will stay the same.
5) To finalize click "Save & Publish"
Enabling the IAB TCF:
1) Adjust the consent pop-up script by adding an attribute
To make sure that you are sending the correct consent string via IAB you need to add exchange the consent pop-up script from our standard script to a version that contains the IAB attribute. (data-iab-enabled="true").
<script id="CookieConsent" src="https://policy.app.cookieinformation.com/uc.js"
Choosing your vendors:
The IAB TCF will by default load all available vendors and send out all consent for these vendors.
This will result in unnecessary load time on your website.
You can restrict these vendors to only show the vendors associated with your website, by uploading a pubvenors.json file to your website's server.
You can create pubvendors.json file on this page: https://vendorlistgenerator.eu/