The Cookie Control SDK is enabled via the UDO Variable in Tealium - Tag Manager
The categories selected by the users are stored in the UDO data layer (utag_data).
You then have to option of placing a LOAD RULE to check against these categories, so the tag does not fire until the user agrees to the selected category.
By default, there are 4 basic cookie types:
- cookie_cat_necessary - Cannot be deselected by the user
Configure the variable
- Inside Tealium Tag Manager - Navigate to the section: DATA LAYER. Then click the button: + Add Variable
- Fill out the fields as shown by the image below. The most important one being the Source-field. This is the same name provided in the UDO data-layer pushed from our backend.
- Source: cookie_information_categories
- Type: UDO Variable
- Alias: OPTIONAL
- Notes: OPTIONAL
Creating a simple LOAD RULE
- Navigate to the section: LOAD RULES. The click the button: + Add Load Rule
- In the first dropdown box, choose our added UDO variable (Cookie Information Categories). Set the condition to CONTAINS and put in one of the category strings mentioned above.
Remember! You can combine this with other categories, checking for multiple categories in the same load rule, by combining more than one condition in with an AND statement.
Using the load rule on a TAG
In this example, we have added a Google Analytic tag and checked our new Load rule to use on this tag.
This tag will now ONLY get injected onto the website if the user gives consent to the cookie category: Statistic.